Monday, February 22, 2010

Thrift Finds

On Valentine's Day I wasn't making lovey faces at my husband. I was down at my local library making googly eyes at the Book Sale checkout ladies.
We bonded over $1.00 for a sack of books.
I finally found Harold and the Purple Crayon and Pipi book. I was holding out to find them at a sale of some sort. Along with a perfect copy of the Little Prince and American Girl's book (not pictured). All the books were in excellent condition and they had a wide selection of early reader books.

Complete with workbooks.


My son's favorite and mine too, is the Hershey's Kisses Addition Book.


He also LOVES the Dinosaur's dot to dot. And I can see a vast improvement in his recognizing numbers and how he holds his pen, since completing the book.


I'm so thankful that with a little effort on my part that I am able to find things that otherwise I wouldn't have gotten to share with my kids. I am a firm believer that through garage sales, the internet, discount stores, and sales in general that most families can thrive through thrift.

No comments:

Post a Comment