Thursday, February 4, 2010

Spice up your life



Spices are surprisingly expensive. As I've started cooking I've quickly realized that it becomes a lot less expensive to make a dish once you accumulate a few basic spices.


I've found myself finding a recipe online at work, printing it off to make for dinner and picking up the necessary ingredients on my way home. But every time I tried that I could never remember whether or not I already had the needed spices.



So I decided to make a list of every spice that I currently have and keep it in the note section on my iPhone. This way I always know what I need to buy without duplicating any of the spices I already have.


I also looked up a few suggestions of the 10 spices everyone should keep in their pantry (other than your basic salt and pepper). These were the most common 10 I found.


Oregano

Basil

Garlic powder

Thyme

Sage

Paprika

Cloves

Cayenne

Rosemary

Cinnamon


Photos by moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment