Monday, January 11, 2010

What's Cooking: Quiche


(before I popped them in the oven)


I made quiche the other day and it turned out really well. The recipe called for store-bought, frozen pie crusts and they come in packs of two. So I made two full quiches and froze one for later.


(parsley)


The first was made with chopped parsley, cooked ham pieces and gruyère cheese. I'd never cooked anything with gruyère before and it was wonderful. It has a great flavor, but it's not

overpowering. I shredded the cheese, chopped the parsley, and mixed it all together.


(mmmm...gruyère)


I made the second quiche using some spicy sausage (I had some that I'd already browned left over from a different recipe) and shredded colby cheese. I modified the recipe a bit, Flannel Man and I don't like onions, so we cut that out entirely. I was out of nutmeg, so that got cut as well. The rest stayed the same and it turned out great. We had to cook it longer than the recipe called for by about 20 minutes. Just make sure the middle of the quiche is completely done.


(finished quiches)


Photos by moi.


No comments:

Post a Comment