Tuesday, January 5, 2010

What's Cooking: Chicken Piccata



In an effort to kick start one of my New Year's resolutions, last night I made chicken piccata. It's always been my favorite Italian dish and I wanted to see if I could make it at home. This was the first time I've ever made any sort of meat dish that involved pounding the meat, battering it in flour and cooking it in a pan on the stove. I always seem to end up with more of the ingredients on my apron/clothes than in the pan, but it worked out in the end.


Here's the recipe I used. I didn't have any parsley, but other than that I stuck to the directions. I was thrilled with the results. Flannel Man and I had the chicken with a Caesar side salad, crusty bread and mushroom caps stuffed with spinach (bought, not made). It's not the prettiest thing in the world, but it tasted great!

Photos by moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment