Thursday, January 21, 2010

One Man's Trash


(New dresser!)

Over the weekend I acquired a brand new, gorgeous wood dresser! By brand new I mean new to me. And by acquired I mean, found on my brother's apartment balcony.


I stopped by my brother's apartment and happened to notice this beautiful piece of furniture sitting on his back porch... in the snow. I was flabbergasted. I tried to remember that he and his roommate are male college students and furniture is only truly functional if it can quickly be turned into a beer pong table, but come on!


(Contact paper lining the drawers)


After a quick conversation he explained someone had given them the dresser and they didn't want it (hence the outdoor storage). Two days later, after I had cleaned it, rubbed it down with pledge and lined the drawers with contact paper, it was sitting in out master bedroom. It replace a little pressed particle board dresser we had been using.


(Old dresser)


I know the trend right now is to paint pieces like this, but I just can't bring myself to cover the wood. I love it just how it is, slightly nicked and scratched. One man's trash can absolutely become another (wo)man's treasure.


Photos by moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment