This is my new favorite crock pot dish. We had almost every ingredient on hand, so it was super easy. Also, I learned that the cutting an onion and crying thing is legit, those things are vicious! I added extra garlic and hot sauce, because that's how we roll, and it was perfect. We froze half and will hopefully enjoy that later.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 cans (about 15 ounces each) great northern beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (12 to 15 oz.) corn, drained
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, optional
Cover and cook on LOW for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours, or until chicken is tender.
Awful photo by moi.