Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Mystery of Morning People



I have never been able to understand how people can wake up and immediately be perky and cheerful. I have a hard time interacting with people until I've had at least one cup of coffee, and even then I wouldn't call myself perky. That's why radio alarm clocks have always baffled me. I understand the alarm clocks that start a CD, because then you have control over the music that wakes you up. But the ones that wake you up to a radio station leaves way too much to chance. Think of that horrible repeating scene from the movie Groundhog Day and you'll know what I mean.

Hyperbole and a Half sums it up perfectly in her post ...

"Why I Don't Use a Radio Alarm Clock: Because waking up to "Mambo Number Five" by Lou Bega feels like being stabbed in the face with music."


Flannel Man has quickly learned that on a Saturday morning he can avoid my grumpy snappiness by waiting until he smells coffee to get out of bed. So if you know someone like me, take pity on us and don't force us to make small talk before we've had a caffeine fix.


Photo by moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment