How do you know when are fixing hands down the most fabulous lasagna recipe in the land?
(Before being baked.)
When your significant other starts playing footsie with you under the table because of its melt-in-your-mouth cheesy goodness?
Maybe when your dinner company has a bite and they start making a touchdown sign and giving you high fives, or slaps on the bottom?
No. None of the above.
It is when you do a search for "World's Best Lasagna" in Google, and it is the same recipe you have been using! If Google knows it, then why fight it?
So, after making it a few dozen times here are my tips.
- Use real parsley. Don't skip and just use the flakes. It makes the presentation so much more gourmety looking. :)
- Thickly (not finely) shredded mozzarella cheese will give it that melt in-your-mouth effect. AKA- the "I'll have what she's having" effect.
- No worries about boiling any noodles. Just buy the kind in the store that come "Oven Ready".
- If putting directly into the fridge or freezer there is no need to wait the 1 1/2 hours to let the sauce and meat simmer. The flavors will congeal by themselves when placed together for any amount of time. AKA- Leftovers will be the bee's knees!
- DOUBLE the recipe! I always buy two of the ingredients. It is such a labor intensive recipe anyways it only makes sense to me to be able to reap the rewards twice. And pulling one out of the freezer late on a Wednesday evening is a HUGE blessing!