Thursday, March 11, 2010

Paper or Plastic



I'm sure most of you already know and/or do this, but taking your own bags into a grocery store is a great idea for a few reasons.


For one thing, you no longer end up with dozens of paper or plastic bags at the end of each trip. Also, many stores now give you a discount for every bag you bring in. I know that Target and Marsh definitely do this, and many others offer it as well. If you aren't sure, just ask your local stare manager. Usually it's only about 5 cents a bag, but that adds up with weekly trips.


Also, you can take any bag in, not just the store's own branded bag. I've found a lot of old tote bags that I hadn't used in awhile. Now I keep them in my car, ready for a quick trip into a store at any moment.


Photo by moi.


No comments:

Post a Comment