Thursday, March 11, 2010

What's Cooking: Scallops


(The finished product)

Last night I tackled scallops. I'd eaten them before, but never cooked them. I found a recipe and got to work. After salting and peppering them, I put about 12 scallops into a large skillet and cooked them in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for about 4 minutes on each side on medium heat.


(The sizzling scallops and orange peels)


A word to the wise (from one who isn't) put the scallops in before the oil gets hot or it'll be grease fireworks on your stove (hypothetically speaking of course.)


The recipe I had suggested using a vegetable peeler and taking some bits from an orange peel to cook with the scallops. It worked really well. The scalllops should be golden brown on both sides when they are done. I cooked some asparagus and rice at the same time to complete the meal and served it with orange slices.


Photos by moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment