Thursday, March 18, 2010

What's Cooking: Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins


(The finished product)

Our oven is finally back up and running. Yay! So last weekend I decided to try a recipe I found at The Idea Room.

(Two different mixes, one flour and one eggs, that you combine in the end)

The recipe is for Blueberry Sour Cream Muffins, which sound a bit odd, but were delicious. They were easy to make and are slightly less sweet than regular muffins, which I prefer. I didn't add the cinnamon sugar topping that the recipe suggests. I didn't want any more sugar on the top and they tasted great without it.

(The recipe made 12 muffins)

The recipe said the muffins should cook for 25 to 30 minutes at 350 degrees, but it took 55 minutes for my muffins to cook. I don't know if that's because of something with our oven or what. They turned out great in the end, but I had to keep checking them for the final half and hour because I had no idea when they would be done.

(Enjoying one of the muffins with a cup of coffee)

Photos by moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment