Wednesday, December 23, 2009

DIY: Christmas Ornaments


I decided to make Christmas ornaments for a few good friends. I used a different family's photo for each ornament, a simple wood circle (a pack of 4 was around $2 at Michaels), an adhesive roller, a few jingle bells and red ribbon. Flannel Man drilled a small hole at the top of each of the wood discs. I cut the photos to the size I wanted and then cut a circle out of card stock to layer beneath the photo.

I used a rolling adhesive and centered the card stock circles on the wooden circles. Then I used the adhesive to glue the photo on top of the card stock. I covered the entire front of the ornament with a thin layer of Modge Podge. After letting that dry (it took about an hour) I threaded the ribbon through the bells and then threaded it through the hole in the wood. A few quick knots and they were done!

On the back of each I wrote "The Smith Family 2009" (using their names). I tied the ornaments to the outside of each family's wrapped Christmas presents with ribbon.

They were easy to make and the wood and modge podge make a sturdy combination, so they should last a long time.

Photos by moi.

No comments:

Post a Comment