Lamb Chops with Lemon Mint Gremolata
8 Lamb rib chops (I made only 4, ribs are expensive!)
2 lemons zested
2 garlic cloves finely chopped (I used minced garlic)
1 large shallot chopped
1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
1 tsp virgin olive oil
1) Brush lamb chops with olive oil, add salt and pepper, then set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes
2) Then make gremolata by mixing the lemon zest, shallot, garlic and mint in a small bowl
3) Preheat the broiler with the oven rack 6 inches from the heat source. Place the lamb chops on a rimmed baking sheet and when the broiler is hot, broil the chops for 4 minutes on each side.
4) Turn off the broiler and leave the chops in the oven for 15 minutes
5) Coat the finished chops with the gremolata.
The finished product was good, but I wish I'd left the shallot out completely. I'm not a fan of onion and that taste seemed to overwhelm everything else.