Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Cooking Class


(Flannel Man grilling our steaks)

With the help of a half-priced Groupon deal, Flannel Man and I signed up for a 2-hour cooking class. We went on a Saturday to learn about grilling, but learned so much more than that!


(Grated potatos for the rosti)

We ended up creating a Zinfandel mushroom sauce for steak. We sauteed portobello mushrooms and scallions. We made a potato rosti, which I'd never even heard of before that day. We cooked spinich. We grilled steak medallions and we had a lot of fun.


(Ingredients at our work station)

The class had about 25 people in it and we all had different recipes. Everybody was chatting and comparing ingredients as we worked. Some people made pork, others spoon bread and still others made BBQ chicken and baked beans. At the very end of the class everyone got to try all of the dishes.


(Our Zinfandel sauce and potato rosti cooking on the stove)

I would encourage you guys to step outside of your comfort zone and try something new. It doesn't matter if who you do it with. Take your boyfriend/husband/best friend/sibling or do it on your own. I never thought I would enjoy a class like that, but I had a blast. And I learned a lot about cooking at the same time.


Photos by moi.


No comments:

Post a Comment